Restaurant Association membership tiers and prices changed in 2018
In 2018 the Restaurant Association changed our membership tiers and prices and this explains a bit more about these changes.
We understand that this pricing increase may need to be carefully measured by business owners and it is only with a great deal of careful consideration that we have set the new pricing. We have been mindful of holding off raising pricing for a number of years, however, we have adjusted our pricing plans to reflect the value we have added and will continue to add to members of the Restaurant Association. The changes reflect our commitment to grow our services and accomplish more on behalf of our members. Our members have provided feedback to us of the services and schemes you would like and we are committed to providing these to you.
- This year membership includes two free tickets to attend our two day Hospitality Summit (in conjunction with Eat New Zealand) for full essential and full premier members, valued at $360.
- A new food truck / kiosk membership tier has been introduced for just $40/month.
- New member savings programmes have been introduced with iMonitor, Harrows, Helping Hands, Loaded Reports and EAP, with further savings to be launched early 2018. You can find out more about all of these member savings programmes here – we estimate you can save over $11,000 / annum.
- We’ve added over 30 new industry-specific business resources to our suite of over 200 guidelines and templates – all available free of charge to members. Just one of these resources could cost you up to $500 had you used a lawyer to draft it.
- We have grown the average benefit for members participating in our gift card and gift voucher programme – members now redeem over $1800 /annum (on average) on gift cards and vouchers.
- A new partnership with Eat New Zealand provides members with a free supporter membership – valued at $480/annum.
- We have added to our free internal services, now providing marketing advice, business mentoring and specialised advice to assist with food control plan management.
- We have increased our Helpline team as this service grows in demand, to enable us to provide additional helpline support when members need it. Other HR helpline services cost up to $5,000 annually for an average sized business.
- Our team has grown to include offices and people on the ground in Auckland, Rotorua, Waikato, Wellington and Christchurch – so you have more RA experts around the country to access for help and support.
- We have introduced new regional Awards around the country to recognise excellence – the Association manages awards in the following regions: Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Hawke’s Bay, Wellington, Christchurch, Rotorua, Manawatu, Nelson, plus new for 2018 – Queenstown and Waikato.
- We created a platform for awareness of hospitality business owners and employee’s wellbeing (more to come in 2018).
Those are just some of the new initiatives, you can find out more about all of our services here.
To compare our value offering, you can also access a comparison of services and pricing for the RA against other New Zealand business organisations here.
The changes are effective on the date of your membership renewal. For many of our members the new pricing is $58/month, while some will switch to the food trucks / kiosks membership for $40/month. If you have more than one site we are committed to offering your extra sites a discounted membership, which at $24/month is a 60 per cent discount off the full membership subscription. There is no penalty for choosing to pay monthly over 12 instalments, so we encourage you to choose this option for ease and cash flow management.
Do you have any other questions or concerns?
- Give us a call or email. We can arrange for one of our team to contact you or meet you for a business health check to make sure you are really maximising your membership.
- If you want to change from annual billing to monthly, please contact email: email@example.com.
We thank you for your ongoing support and hope that you’ll continue to remain with us for an event and busy 2018.
The team from the Restaurant Association