The advice available through this Emergency Hub is designed to help hospitality business owners make good, safe, sensible and practical decisions in the event of an emergency situation. Please contact the Restaurant Association on 0800 737 827 if you have concerns or questions. This site will continue to be updated with relevant information based on the current emergency response.
If life or property is threatened always dial 111 for Police, Fire or Ambulance.
Stay up to date on the latest weather updates and regional advisory.
Restaurant Association & other organisation’s guidance and resources
Download our emergency response guide, business interruptions guidance and other emergency planning guides to help prepare and respond.
Advice on flooding
- To report flooding, damage to drains, or stormwater issues in Auckland, please log your issue online here.
- Put safety first. Don’t take any chances. Stay out of flood water.
- Do not try to walk, play, swim, or drive in floodwater: even water just 15 centimetres deep can sweep you off your feet, and half a metre of water will carry away most vehicles. Flood water is often contaminated and can make you sick.
- Keep children away from flood waters. It is not safe for them.
- If you come in contact with floodwater, thoroughly clean hands, clothes and any property touched.
- If your property has been damaged, please take pictures for your insurance company and contact them as soon as you can.
- Help others if it is safe to do so, especially people who may require special assistance.
- Check with the local water treatment plant to establish if they are operating and water is safe to drink.
The RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION HELPLINE – 0800 737 827 – is available. We are happy to hear from you regardless of your situation so please do not hesitate to call or email.
We have a number of team members who are on the road so let us know if you would like one of the friendly team to stop by for a visit by calling 0800 737 827.