The Hospitality Dashboard is a monthly snapshot of the industry, covering key data, initiatives led by the industry over the month, member commentary, future considerations and the common pain points.
In November 2021:
Most regular feedback:
- Detail on operational aspects of traffic light system and mandates has come too late – leaving no time to prepare.
- Not being able to get clarity on sector-specific information has created confusion – challenging to implement.
- Managing employee vaccine mandate process extremely stressful – losing valued staff and no-one to replace them.
- Uncertainty about customer acceptance of the Vaccine Pass system.
Actions led by the industry this month:
- Met with the Prime Minister and Minister of Finance to discuss the current and future needs of the hospitality industry.
- Consulted with industry and provided feedback on proposed policy for the Covid-19 Protection Framework and the application in hospitality.
- Provided submissions for Productivity Commission’s review of New Zealand’s immigration system and on the Retail Payments Systems Bill.
- Contributed to the implementation of Activate Tamaki Makaurau support and as a founding partner provided resources and free support.
- Created detailed guidance for the hospitality industry to operate under the Covid-19 Protection Framework RED and ORANGE.
- Provided advisory and guidance on managing process for unvaccinated employees under vaccine mandate. Provided support for over 1,000 operators through this process.
- Annual Food Hui held – a virtual event attended by 500 industry operators, for the industry to discuss current challenges, future planning.
- Announced award winners of the Canterbury Hospitality Awards to shine a light on local outstanding individuals and businesses.