The Hospitality Dashboard is a monthly snapshot of the industry, covering key data, initiatives led by the industry over the month, member commentary, future considerations and the common pain points.
In November 2020:
Most regular feedback:
- Businesses need a strong Summer trade to be able to survive through Winter.
- Struggles to recruit NZers and inability to recuit migrant workers causing stress.
- While customer traffic is back to 80-100% of typical, costs have risen, so profitability is down.
Actions led by the industry this month:
- Launched Tautoko Hāpai Ō – Hospitality Workers Support scheme
to support workers who have the potential to be displaced from
employment, offering support, resources and connection to job
- Provided Government with a proposed alternative framework for
Alert Level requirements for hospitality sector.
- Meet with Immigration New Zealand to discuss current industry
feedback and challenges.
- Announced Restaurant Association Resilience Award winners in
Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury regions to shine a light on
resilient individuals and businesses in the hospitality industry.
- Held meeting of COVID-19 Hospitality Recovery Taskforce.
- Ran HospoStart Waiheke 2 Work co-hort providing 28
unemployed New Zealanders with training in hospitality, work
experience and job placement.