The Hospitality Dashboard is a monthly snapshot of the industry, covering key data, initiatives led by the industry over the month, member commentary, future considerations and the common pain points.
In January 2021:
Most regular feedback:
- Summer trade was not strong and this is what helps businesses survive through Winter.
- Concern for how to manage rising costs as a result of minimum wage, increased sick leave.
- Businesses are focused on running as leanly and efficiently as possible.
Actions led by the industry this month:
- Launched the Hospitality Springboard training programme. The
programme was conceptualised by the Restaurant Association
and co-designed with MSD to help operators stay the distance
through the Covid recovery phase and beyond.
- Submission on Sick Leave entitlement increase prepared for MBIE.
- Held a hui with key representatives of the New Zealand Chefs
Association to propose initiatives to engage on Future of
- Created 3 new industry-specific resources to assist the industry
through re-emergence of Covid-19 in the community.