Nominations for the inaugural Northland Hospitality Awards are open
Northland’s hospitality industry is to be celebrated at the inaugural Northland Hospitality Awards, an industry event aimed at highlighting the very best of the region.
Established by the Restaurant Association of NZ and Lead Sponsor Gilmours Wholesale Food & Beverage, the Northland Hospitality Awards are an important development for the region to celebrate and promote the excellence of Northland food and beverage offerings.
CEO Marisa Bidois says, “It’s imperative the hospitality industry recognises its champions as it provides not only a peer benchmark for excellence but also serves to give people valuable guidelines on the best places to visit”.
Fifteen award categories, the best of Northland’s hospitality industry – from crew members, to suppliers, to establishments – will be celebrated for their contribution in creating a world-class hospitality industry in the region.
Nominations are now open to the industry until Friday, 31 July. Final voting will begin on Tuesday, 4 August and winners will be revealed on a virtual platform on Monday, 31 August.
The Northland general public are also able to vote for their favourite establishment in the Savour! Northland People’s Choice category award.
Northland Hospitality Awards 2020 Categories:
- Meadow Fresh Outstanding Barista
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Bartender
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Front of House Team
- NorthTec Emerging Chef
- Southern Hospitality Outstanding Chef
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Street Food/Casual Dining
- Bidfood Whangārei Outstanding Café
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Bar
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Ambience & Design
- Whangārei District Love It Here! Outstanding Local Establishment
- Eftpos NZ Outstanding Ethnic Cuisine
- dinefind Outstanding Restaurant
- nib Health Insurance Outstanding Sales Rep
- Eat New Zealand Outstanding Food & Beverage Producer
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Supplier
- Savour! Northland People’s Choice
The Restaurant Association Hospitality Awards were created to put the spotlight on legendary people and businesses making New Zealand unlike any other culinary destination you’ll find in the world.
Every region in New Zealand is home to hospitality worth celebrating. From fine-dining cuisine, to vibrant food trucks with international flair and the humble hole in the wall you’ll travel miles to experience – our country is flourishing with the best of the best.
The awards are regionally focused, with each region of the country having its awards at a different time of the year.
Nominations are now open until Friday, 7 August. Finalists will be announced on Tuesday, 11 August and final voting will open until Friday, 4 September.
For the first time, the awards will be held via Facebook live stream. Winners will be announced live on our Facebook page on Monday, 14 September at 7.00pm.
For more information regarding the awards please visit www.hospitalityawards.co.nz/northland. Stay connected with key updates and announcements on our Facebook page @northlandhospitalityawards and Instagram @northlandhospoawards.