Rotorua’s hospitality industry is to be celebrated for the 7th year at the 2018 Rotorua Hospitality Awards, an industry event aimed at highlighting the very best of the region.
Presented by the Restaurant Association of New Zealand, the Rotorua Hospitality Awards have been recreated with a fresh new identity. The new regional hospitality awards design has come from the need to create a more streamlined and consistent awards platform throughout New Zealand, with the Rotorua Hospitality Awards representing the highly coveted biannual celebration for its region.
CEO Marisa Bidois says
Our goal is to bring the hospitality community together and connect them with the larger community.
Winners will receive a coveted ‘Chevron’ trophy, symbolising a stripe indicating rank or length of service. The ‘Chevron’ represents the industry’s mark for distinction and provides a recognised symbol for excellence for consumers and visitors alike.
The Restaurant Association has partnered with Eat New Zealand, a collective of New Zealand’s chefs, producers, media, tourism and event operators, who are all dedicated to promoting New Zealand’s best food, beverage, and culinary destinations to the world.
Winners will be listed on the Eat New Zealand website, a beneficial development for the region as Rotorua continues to be recognised globally for its distinction in tourism and hospitality.
Nominations are now open to the industry until Sunday, 27 May.
Final voting will begin on Tuesday, 29 May and winners will be revealed at the awards evening on Sunday, 1 July at the Energy Events Centre.
The Rotorua general public are also able to vote for their favourite establishment in the Rotorua Lakes Council People’s Choice Award category from 29 May.
Tickets to the event are on sale now. To nominate, purchase tickets or for more information regarding the awards please visit www.hospitalityawards.co.nz\rotorua.
2018 Rotorua Hospitality Awards Categories
- More FM Rotorua Outstanding Barista
- Bidfood Rotorua Café
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Bartender
- Lion Breweries Bar
- Hospitality Management Systems Outstanding Front of House Team
- Tobasco Emerging Talent – Chef
- Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Outstanding Chef
- Indian Star Emerging Talent – Business
- OneMusic Outstanding Ambience & Design
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Ethnic Restaurant
- Eftpos NZ Outstanding Restaurant
- GrabOne Outstanding Takeout
- Skyline Rotorua Outstanding Sales Rep
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Supplier
- Events & Venues Excellence in Event Hospitality
- Tohu Wines Hospo Hero
- Rotorua Lakes Council Peoples Choice