The Hospitality Dashboard is a monthly snapshot of the industry, covering key data, initiatives led by the industry over the month, member commentary, future considerations and the common pain points.
In July 2021:
Most regular feedback:
- The impact of skill shortages continues to be the most regular feedback. This is the major stressor for operators.
- Health & wellbeing is in focus. Burnout is a concern for overworked operators and staff.
- Customer behaviours are changing. Operators are noticing more aggression, less patience.
Actions led by the industry this month:
- As part of the Hospo Reset campaign a #LightsOut was held on 6th July. Hospitality businesses turned off their lights for 2 minutes to highlight the campaign and the industry’s skill shortages.
- Provided feedback to MBIE on mask use in hospitality businesses and mandatory record keeping.
- Held industry hospitality awards in Rotorua – to celebrate the industry’s heroes and businesses.
- Held hui with ITO, ServiceIQ on transitional changes as part of vocational education reforms.
- Ran HospoStart programmes in Auckland, Waikato and Christchurch, providing training, work experience and placement for 55 people looking to enter hospo.
- Launched the HiT30 training challenge – encouraging operators and their teams to do 30 minutes of training, every day for 30 days.