We’ve bundled all of the information, resources and updates that you need to manage your business through Covid-19 and beyond, in this Restaurant Association Covid-19 hospitality hub.
Traffic light levels from 3 December until 11.59pm 30 December, 2021
- These regions are in RED: Northland, Auckland, Taupō and Rotorua Lakes Districts, Kawerau, Whakatane, Ōpōtiki Districts, Gisborne District, Wairoa District, Rangitikei, Whanganui and Ruapehu Districts
- The rest of the North Island is at ORANGE
- The whole of the South Island is at ORANGE
Traffic light levels from 11.59pm 30 December, 2021
- The Northland region IS in RED
- The rest of New Zealand is at ORANGE (regions moved from Red to Orange from 11.59pm, 30 December are: Auckland, Taupō, Rotorua Lakes, Kawerau, Whakatane, Ōpōtiki, Gisborne, Wairoa, Rangitikei, Whanganui and Ruapehu districts.)
The next update by Ministers will be on Monday 17 January, and will continue on a fortnightly basis.
- Download quick reference guides for RED & ORANGE here.
- Download the guidelines for operating at RED here.
- Download the guidelines for operating at ORANGE here.
- Other guidance and resources you may need can be found here.
Government business support available:
- The Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) is a payment to help support businesses with one-off costs due to a level increase to level 2 or higher. This is available to eligible firms at the same time as the WSS. Eligible businesses can receive payments of:
- The 4th RSP is calculated as $1,500 plus $400 per FTE (up to 50 FTE). The maximum payment is $21,500. Sole traders can receive a payment of up to $1,900.
- The 5th and 6th RSPs are calculated at an increased rate of $3,000 plus $800 per FTE (up to 50 FTE). The maximum payment is $43,000. Sole traders can receive a payment of up to $3,800.
- The 7th RSP, known as the Transition Payment is calculated at an increased rate of $4,000 plus $400 per FTE (up to 50 FTE). The maximum payment is $24,000. Sole traders can receive a payment of up to $4,400.
- Find out more here.
- Other existing support for individuals includes the Leave Support Scheme (LSS) and Short-Term Absence Payment (STAP).
- The Wage Subsidy Scheme (WSS) was available nationally when there is a regional or national move to Alert Levels 3 and 4 for a period of seven days. The wage subsidy support has now ended.