We’ve bundled all of the information, resources and updates that you need to manage your business through Covid-19 and beyond, in this Restaurant Association Covid-19 hospitality hub.
Covid-19 requirements 2022
- New Zealand’s COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights) ended Monday 12 September. This means that most COVID-19 rules have ended in New Zealand.
Isolation and face masks
From 13 September, 2022 you must still:
- isolate for 7 days if you have COVID-19
- wear a face mask in certain healthcare facilities, such as hospitals. Employees in hospitality businesses are not required to wear masks.
Household Contacts no longer need to isolate for 7 days. If you live with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, we recommend you:
- take a rapid antigen test (RAT) each day for 5 days
- wear a face mask if you leave your home during your 5 days of testing.
- avoid contact with the person who has COVID-19.