The Hospitality Dashboard is a monthly snapshot of the industry, covering key data, initiatives led by the industry over the month, member commentary, future considerations and the common pain points.
In October 2020:
Most regular feedback:
- Fears of Covid reappearing / uncertainty for business
- The impact of the incoming 2021 minimum wage increase
- Recruitment issues still exist – applications from NZers not being received
Actions led by the industry this month:
- Annual Food Hui held – a 2 day event for the industry to discuss
current challenges and future planning.
- Awarded funding for Tautoko Hāpai Ō – Hospitality Workers
- Launch of Restaurant Association Resilience Awards to shine a
light on resilient individuals and businesses in the hospitality
- Draft Roadmap Document “Future of Hospitality” created.
- Feedback for Minimum Wage Review prepared for MBIE.
- 7 COVID-19 webinars or professional development webinars
held and 4 new business resources created.
- Held meeting of COVID-19 Hospitality Recovery Taskforce.
- Restaurant Association October Monthly DashboardHospoStart Auckland, provided 20 unemployed New Zealanders
with training in hospitality, work experience and job placement.