Immigration Policy Changes Update
To get members up to speed with the proposed changes, this seminar, presented by Immigration New Zealand’s Regional Relationship Manager, Carl Andrews.
Grab your ticket today
$86.25 non-membersRegister now
- 2:30pm-4pm, 11th November 2019
- Taste, 45 Normanby Road, Mt Eden, Auckland
- Presented by
- Carl Andrews, Immigration NZ
Immigration New Zealand has recently confirmed a bundle of changes to the employer-led temporary work visa system which will have far-reaching impact for the hospitality industry and all businesses who employ migrant workers.
To get members up to speed with the proposed changes, this seminar, presented by Immigration New Zealand’s Regional Relationship Manager, Carl Andrews, will talk members through the key changes and related timings, the impact for employers, and what employers can do now to prepare for the changes.
The changes, which will come into force over the next 18 months, include:
- a new employer-led visa application process that will involve three stages: the employer check; the job check;
- a new temporary work visa that replaces 6 existing work visas;
- an accreditation process for employers wanting to employ migrant workers;
- using the level of pay to categorise a job in place of the existing skill bands — existing skill bands rely on a combination of level of pay and categorising the job under the ANZSCO;
- new sector agreements and regional skills lists to facilitate access to migrants for targeted sectors and regions
Join us and stay informed on the immigration changes that will have broad repercussions for our industry.
Further seminars will follow, as more information is finalised.
*Join the session by livestreaming where it’s convenient for you. Click here for instructions on how to join a webinar virtually.