The Restaurant Association will be closed from 18 December 2020 to 11 January 2021 for wellness and recuperation. Our helpline service will not be operating over these three weeks, however employment guides and emergency resources that you may need over this time are here.
Essential Guides for the Holiday Period (click to download): These are all member only resources, you will need to be logged in to download & view them. Forgotten your password? – you can easily reset it on the login page.
- Holiday Survival Kit This comprehensive guide includes
- Public Holidays
- Closedown periods
- Alcohol promotion law
- Hiring seasonal employees
- Handling unplanned leave
- Dealing with stress
- Mental health emergencies – Helplines Essential helplines and comprehensive national contact details for health emergencies for you and your staff.
- Disciplinary Process – Guide to getting an employee disciplinary process underway
- 90-Day Trial Period Guide – Essential information on the validity and use of the trial period.
- Suspensions – Our Guide for situations where you need to suspend an employee from the workplace
- Emergency Closedowns / Business Interruptions -Our Guide to managing an unexpected business closedown
- Handling an unexpected resignation – Guide to managing a resignation and suggested responses
- Customer trespass – Handling customers who you do not wish to be on your premises
- Labour Inspectorate Audits – What to expect from a visit by a Labour Inspector
- Accepting Gift Vouchers & Gift Cards – All you need to know for accepting Restaurant Association Gift cards and Vouchers
We wish you all the best for the year and 2021.