Farina Restaurant is looking for an experienced Pizza Chef fully trained in making Pizza Napoletana as mandated by AVPN [https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/en/] . Ongoing training will be provided as well
About the role
You must be experienced in making indirect and direct process of making pizza dough with high degree of hydration ratio .
Must be familiar with the basics which should include knowledge about flour, yeast, water, salt, and the different types of dough for classic pizza dependent on external factors
Be in charge of all daily prep ad production of pizzas to meet daily demand
Be able able supervise junior staff working in your section
You will be in charge of your own section and will need to maintain not only food inventory but non-food items required for delivery of Pizzas.
Benefits and perks
A full time contract with full employment and leave benefits
Skills and experience
• Experience working in a high quality establishment
• Ability to use a traditional Italian Wood Fired oven to cook pizzas in the traditional Napoletan manner
• Great understanding and familiarity with traditional Italian ingredients including Italian cheeses and cured meats.
• Good communication & organisational skills
• A creative flair with extensive food knowledge and passion for quality and consistency
• Minimum 2 years experience
• Ability to stretch dough by hand
• Attention to detail
• Resilient and able to perform in fast-paced environment
• Pizza certificate essential from a recognized pizza training institution.
• Experience in running a section and working in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication, delegation and time-management skills
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent knowledge of Food Hygiene Procedures .
• Immaculate Personal Presentation
• Passion and willingness to learn
• Work week nights and weekends
To apply, please email your CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org