At L’affare we love coffee (and we love food too!).
We need a new Head Chef to lead the team at our flagship café on College Street in Wellington.
College Street is the spiritual home of L’affare – it’s where it all started, where it grew from and where Wellingtonians have been coming for nearly 30 years to feel a part of things.
It is a big, busy and challenging café to work in and, if you’re not faint-hearted, very rewarding too!
You’ll need 5 years’ experience as a chef leading teams, a passion for food, good knowledge and enthusiasm. You’ll need to be organized, efficient and run a good, tight ship with a happy crew.
If you don’t love food….this role’s not for you.
If you don’t love cooking….this role’s not for you.
If you don’t have energy & enthusiasm….this role’s not for you.
If you want a rewarding role leading a great team….let’s talk.
- National Certificate (l4) in Cookery or equivalent experience
- Food Safety Hygiene
- Training skills
- Budgeting and menu costing
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Motivational and leadership skills
- Achievement oriented – work hard, great deal of stamina, enjoys being busy and productive
- Focus – prioritise then act; can take direction, follow through and make corrections necessary to stay on track
- Arranger – can organise resources for maximum productivity
- Positivity – upbeat and enthusiastic
To apply, please follow this link –
Applications close 5pm Friday 4th September