Farina is an established restaurant focusing on modern southern Italian cuisine .The emphasis is on utilizing seasonal ingredients in a creative Italian tradition.
About the role
As the Head Chef , you will be in charge of the full kitchen team , Sous Chef, Chef De Partie , Commis Chef and Kitchen Stewards.
In charge of daily ordering to maintain stock levels to fulfill daily service requirements .
You will also meet weekly staff and food stock budgets
You will also be in charge of conducting monthly food stock takes and maintain tight control on daily/weekly ordering to minimize food wastage.
You will also maintain the standards set by the current Food Control Plan.
You will be overseeing maintaining the quality and presentation items as directed by the Executive Chef to ensure smooth service and customer satisfaction.
Skills and experience
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years experience working in a senior position in high end Italian restaurants specializing in traditional and modern Italian cuisine techniques such as being able to make Artisan handmade Pastas from scratch with a deep understanding of Napoletan Cuisine.
- The ideal candidate would also have worked in hatted restaurants with an innate knowledge and understanding of seasonal ingredients and their inclusion in Italian dishes.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years experience in running and managing a full kitchen team with an understanding of fermentation and preservation techniques and scientific understanding of food. The ideal candidate will have also worked for at least 6 years in a restaurant that has as we require a consummate professional who is going to elevate the dining experience for our patrons. The preferred candidate should have a proven track record of strong creative drive to continuously experiment and develop new ideas related to developing the menu and improving systems within the kitchen to improve efficiency.
- A friendly engaging personality , as the restaurant has an open kitchen with patrons sitting by the pass observing food prep and cooking and engaging with the chefs.
- The candidate should work harmoniously with the Maitre D and floor staff to ensure high standard of service is maintained at all times.
- Strong computer literacy skills with Excel and Menu Costing .
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and preferably Italian as well.
Please email CV’s and refrences to firstname.lastname@example.org