We’re on the hunt for a talented Cafe Operations Manager who is passionate about food & service and has a calm & organised personality to lead our Little Bird Kitchen team. Tucked away on Summer St in the heart of Ponsonby, Little Bird Kitchen is our award-winning plant-based café delivering seriously healthy, nutritious, organic plant-based food and excellent service.
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the founders, this role will form a key part of the senior leadership team. In a nutshell, you will be responsible for all day to day operations of the café and leadership of the team (including the kitchen), ensuring that the Café represents our brand, operates commercially, and supports our retail offering.
You’ll have flexibility around how you structure your working week. However, we are open 7 days a week, 8:00am – 4:00pm, so weekend work will be required.
You’ll be good natured, have a great sense of humour, and (like us) you’re approachable & fun. Leadership comes naturally to you, and you love to get alongside your team to coach and mentor. You’ll be firm but fair and will give your time and energy in a generous, kind, and supportive way.
You will have:
- At least 3 years previous management, operations, and leadership experience in a café environment
- Experience leading both FOH and Kitchen teams and have a strong understanding of people processes.
- Strong decision-making skills that balances both the head & heart.
- Proven experience and ability to improve processes and systems that work simply and efficiently.
- Impressive time-management and organisational skills, keeping things calm and in control during busy periods
- General understanding of business finance and budgeting principles for a café; including profit and loss, food costings, rostering and working within budgets.
- Personal responsibility and a positive ‘nothings a problem’ attitude.
- A genuine interest, passion, and respect for our ethos around food, health, and wellbeing.
Get in Touch
So, if leading a team of amazing people, running a successful business, and creating connection, joy and magic moments through food is your thing, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please email your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com