The Restaurant Association of NZ are proud of our hospitality training programme ‘Hospo Start’ and are looking for an experienced beverage facilitator (barista and bar) to join our high performing team on a part time basis.
With an ongoing shortage of skilled hospitality staff, we’re taking an active approach to train suitable entry-level candidates from within the local market, referred by the Ministry of Social Development. We work with our trainees on their employability and practical skills to prepare them for what our industry needs and help them start an exciting career in hospitality.
About the Role
As a Hospo Start Facilitator/Coordinator you will work with a highly motivated team that’s passionate about developing people and promoting hospitality as a rewarding career, which is what Hospo Start is all about!
Day to day, you’ll be involved in training people interested in joining the hospitality industry at a foundation level. Working days will be scheduled over Monday – Friday and will vary to accommodate the programme schedule.
Key tasks include:
- Planning, preparing and delivering entry-level barista and bar training
- Conducting and marking assessments
- Explore work experience opportunities and place trainees in employment
- Building new (and managing existing) relationships with potential employers
We are looking for an experienced professional with a background in hospitality training and a passion for the hospitality industry. You must be able to demonstrate hands-on experience delivering group training and providing an exciting and engaging learning environment.
A valid LCQ and experience as a duty manager is also essential.
Ideally, you will also possess:
- An assessors Qualification 4098 or the willingness to gain this qualification
- Have (or willing to work towards) a qualification in Adult and Tertiary Teaching
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office as some administration is required
- A strong desire to help people succeed and be motivated to assist in positive change. Knowledge of Tikanga principals will be a bonus
- A full drivers licence as travel throughout the Auckland region will be required
- Cocktail experience would also be an advantage.
If you have a positive, energetic and enthusiastic attitude, are adaptable and ready to share your industry experience with our trainees, we want to hear from you.
For a full position description or to apply for this role, please contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org