Cellar Door Assistant Manager and Senior Cellar Door Attendants
This role involves supporting the leadership in managing the cellar door day-to-day operation, working closely with the Cellar Door Manager and close communication with other managers on duty and making sure customers receive the highest quality and most professional of service.
This role requires:
- Excellent customer service
- Personable and professional demeanor with co-workers and guests
- Knowledge of wines, beers, cocktails, and food
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to handle pressure and high-stress situations and maintain a relaxed and positive manner
- Greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Completing food and drink orders
- Taking customer orders in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensure tables are properly maintained and cleared, drinks are topped up, etc.
- Running and clearing of plates and glasses
- Able to manage a section with grace and ease
- Opening and closing duties
- Wine Service & Wine knowledge
Successful applicants will have a minimum of 2+ years experience in a similar position.
Successful applicants for the positions listed above will have strong experience in a similar establishment, be willing to lead by example and exceed guest expectations. You must be well presented, personable, professional and passionate about wine, food, beer and service.
Applicants must live or would be happy to live or relocate to Waiheke Island, a 35-minute ferry from Downtown Auckland. You must be legally entitled to work and live in New Zealand long term. Remuneration package to be determined based on the candidate and qualifications. Tips, staff meal, staff drink and other perks provided. Previous global experience in a tourism-focused Restaurant, Lodge or venue would be advantageous but not essential.
To apply, please email your cover letter, residency or visa status and CV to Employment@Tantalus.co.nz
rewer’s Lounge Manager
The Alibi Brewer’s Lounge at Tantalus Estate is seeking a Restaurant/Bar Manager to join our passionate team of hospitality professionals. Our mission is to strive for excellence and aim to exceed expectations. Whether that is through our food, wine, beer, customer service or work environment, all aspects transparently show this philosophy.
The successful applicant will have a passion for craft beer, service, food, cocktails & wines, as well as a positive work attitude. Work alongside our Head Brewer and collaborate with the Head Chef to create a passionate experience for both customers and team members.
Your role is to guarantee the customer receives extraordinary quality and professional style of service. Ensure staff members in your department receive the highest degree of leadership, training and support, and that all company policies and procedures are enforced and maintained. You are required to manage the operational running of the Alibi Brewer’s Lounge and collaborate with other departments to ensure smooth and seamless service delivery. This role requires flexibility, diplomatic attitude and self-starter motivation.
This multi-faceted role oversees all hospitality operations of the Alibi Brewer’s Lounge. Essential Functions include:
- Overall responsibility for the front of house operations, ensure efficiency, service quality and good coordination between the kitchen, restaurant, cellar door, reservations & functions
- Collaborate, implement and manage Policies and Procedures & implement appropriate strategies for staff training, management and leadership
- Collaborate and assist in administrative duties, projects, business strategies and maintain health and safe working conditions and Safe Sale of Liquor Act
- Work closely with management to meet revenue objectives & implement appropriate strategies to resolve adverse trends and improve sales
Please email cover letter and CV. Competitive remuneration package to be discussed, the successful candidate must be willing to live or stay often on Waiheke Island. Previous sales and marketing experience related to beer could be an asset not required. Minimum of 3 years management experience required. Please email cover letter and CV along with questions to Employment@Tantalus.co.nz