Pastry Chefs and Chef de Parties
We are seeking talented and driven chefs who will collaborate, assist and support our kitchen teams. These exciting position will offer the right candidates an opportunity to make a real impression at Waiheke Island’s award-winning restaurant. Applicants should have a passion for food, wine, beer and sourcing exceptional ingredients to create an inspired yet approachable menu.
• Menu execution
• Assisting in dish creation
• Inventory and ingredient cost management
• Assisting in the developing and mentoring of the kitchen teams
• Collaborating with other departments
• Maintaining hygiene and health and safety practices
• The promotion of good work ethics and values
• Keep work section clean and tidy
• Ensure complete ordering for section
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
• Ability to handle pressure and high-stress situations and maintain a relaxed and positive manner
Successful Pastry Chef applicants will have a minimum of 3+ years experience in a similar position.
Successful Chef de Parties applicants will have a minimum of 2+ years experience in a similar position.
All applications should have a passion for food, wine and beer, and experience in a similar role is necessary. Your role will include but not limited to working closely with all kitchen staff, communicating clearly and in a timely manner, adhering to all Food Control Plans and maintaining cleaning schedules. The right candidate will be able to multitask, work under pressure and has a can-do attitude.
All applicants must live or would be happy to live or relocate to Waiheke Island, a 35-minute ferry from Downtown Auckland. You must be legally entitled to work and live in New Zealand long term. Remuneration package to be determined based on the candidate and qualifications. Tips, staff meal, staff drink and other perks provided. Previous global experience in a tourism-focused Restaurant, Lodge or venue would be advantageous but not essential.
Please send your CV, residency or visa status and Cover letter to Employment@Tantalus.co.nz