THE BUSY SEASON IS COMING AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PROFESSIONALS TO JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM…
CELLAR DOOR HOST (Full Time or Part Time)
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced and customer-focused wine enthusiast. Join our talented team for a fun and fast-paced role combining wine tastings, vineyard tours and retail sales. We seek someone with proficient wine knowledge, fluent English and great communication skills, confidence in speaking to groups, plus excellent sales, service and people skills. WSET or similar wine/Sommelier qualification and hospitality experience an advantage.
RESTAURANT HOST (Saturdays)
This is a fast paced role, packed with people contact. The role requires excellent organisational skills to manage the tables, bookings and flow of walk-in’s in this busy restaurant, greeting and seating customers with a warm and friendly approach. You’ll need a high standard of personal presentation, a welcoming and professional nature.
ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER (Full Time)
A great opportunity for and experienced hospitality professional to join us. You’ll support the FoH staff to ensure we are providing the best possible service to our customers. This is a hands-on role with a lot of variety, no day will be the same. Also, it’s a good opportunity for career progression. You’ll need solid restaurant experience, top food and wine knowledge, excellent communication and service standards. LCQ/GM Certificate an advantage.
EXPERIENCED WAIT STAFF (Full Time or Part Time)
Full and part time positions available for experienced and professional Waiters. You’ll need you’ll need solid restaurant experience, top food and wine knowledge, excellent communication and service standards.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Located in a picturesque vineyard, our award-winning venue is a popular destination for ‘a la carte’ service, private functions, corporate events, cocktail parties, music concerts and weddings.
With two restaurants, The Bistro serves fresh and innovative cuisine. We strongly believe in a garden-to-table food philosophy which aims to serve the freshest, premium ingredients straight from the source.
The Verandah is a casual but sophisticated dining experience serving tasting plates, pizzas to share from our wood fired oven.
We are proud to have created extensive organic kitchen gardens at Cable Bay, which supply our Chefs with top quality, nutrient dense, seasonal ingredients daily.
Our venue also offers a beautiful wine tasting room with views of the winery and private dining/conference facilities.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive package and excellent benefits. The diversity of our venue/winery/harvest also provides an excellent opportunity for someone to expand their knowledge and skills.
Our venues based in our Waiheke Island Vineyard where we enjoy vineyard, olive grove and sea views overlooking the stunning Hauraki Gulf. Waiheke is famous for it’s wonderful beaches, fishing, bush walks, vineyards and restaurants. Ferry travel: www.fullers.co.nz & www.sealink.co.nz
YOU WILL NEED
- Availability to work weekends as these are our peak shifts
- A current General Managers Certificate and/or LCQ (Assistant Restaurant Managers)
- Solid Restaurant experience from a similar role/s
- Other relevant industry qualifications an advantage
- Expertise in top end dining service, a la carte and functions
- The ability to switch to a more fast paced, casual service style
- Great product knowledge plus an interest in fine wine and food
- To be able to remain focused under pressure
- A bubbly, enthusiastic and energetic personality
- Good spoken English, excellent communication skills
- Diplomacy and the ability to keep customers happy
- Exceptional presentation and attention to detail
- Bar/barista experience would be an advantage
- To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.cablebay.co.nz