Perfectionist Head Chef committed to outstanding menu execution
• Excellent remuneration (80K+ for the right applicant)
• Build your media profile as a Chef
• Lifestyle balance
• Mobile phone package and company laptop included
• Opportunity to explore a new style of cuisine
About the business
A venue comprised of several unique and escapist social spaces including a function room and two luxury karaoke rooms, our shared vision is to create an experience for our guests that delights, surprises and excites.
Modern Russian cuisine is on a menu and our dishes reflect Mama Russia’s 14-shared borders including Finland, Ukraine, Korea and Mongolia.
Our committed owner-operator plays a day-to-day role on the restaurant floor, and will work closely with the successful applicant to deliver on our vision.
About the role
In the role of Head Chef you will train your team to the highest standard of menu item execution working closely with the owner to deliver on our vision.
Responsibilities will include menu execution, Food Control Plan compliance, equipment & property management, wage & stock control, kitchen HR management and rostering.
Media-savvy, or prepared to learn, you’ll work with the team to raise the profile of the venue through TV, radio, digital and print commentary and appearance which will support the public’s education as to what modern Russian cuisine is.
Running a highly-functional kitchen where everyone understands what success looks like, and what expectations are of each member of the brigade, you’ll have the opportunity to empower your team to run graveyard shifts – creating work/life balance for you.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Width and breadth of knowledge when it comes to cooking techniques: from curing caviar to fermenting kimchi, and churning butter to baking bread.
• High presentation standards
• Ability to manage and control COGS and wage cost requirements
• The ability to work under pressure and to leave the challenges of each shift, behind at the end of each shift
• Outstanding communication skills that will support easy rapport with key stakeholders including; the kitchen brigade, the owner, media, and front of house staff
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor staff
• High motivation and drive
• Ability and willingness to create a positive work environment for the whole team
• Applicants need to have at least two years experience running a kitchen team
• COGS and waste management experience
• Been to Russia before? We’d love to hear more!
• Have run or like the idea of running a pop-up restaurant at Taste of Auckland? Let us know!
Please email your cv and cover letter to email@example.com