– Boomrock Lodge
An opportunity to stamp your mark on Wellington Hospitality!
Responsible for managing the kitchen and therefore a key to Boomrock’s success. A good understanding of the Boomrock brand, along with real passion is vital for this role.
Boomrock’s food is stylish, yet simple with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal, local and organic produce, and showcasing New Zealand specialty foods such as beef, venison, lamb & Boomrock venison sausages.
REPORTS TO General Manager
All of the kitchen team
Director/Shareholders – Jonny & Mildy
General Manager – Tom
Events and Wedding Manager – Harriet
Events and Wedding Coordinator – Chloe
Property Manager – Stuart
Front of House staff
Farmer – Calum
Develop and maintain the menu and recipes for the establishment. Oversee and direct all aspects of the kitchen operation. Ensure that the quality of all food presented to customers meets establishment standards—providing maximum quality whilst containing labour and food costs. Supervise and manage all kitchen employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Overall responsibility for the operation and organisation of all kitchen and food preparation areas
• Maintain impeccable attention to detail
• Set and manage budgets
• Plan and produce menus to the establishment’s standard (quarterly & for specific events as and when required)
• Food costing and stock control
• Develop menus and cost all dishes
• Maintain food and labour costs to the establishment’s requirements
• Manage all kitchen staff – impart knowledge, skills and training to all kitchen staff to ensure high standards
• Manage kitchen staff rosters
• Interview and recruit kitchen staff
• Undertake staff appraisals and disciplinary action when required in conjunction with the General Manager
• Identify, develop and maintain establishment policies and procedures
• Maintain food control plan in accordance of the Food Act 2014 regulations
• Set policies and maintain standards for food safety in all food preparation areas.
• Set policies and maintain standards for health & safety at work in all food preparation areas.
• Manage all equipment and work environments and ensure they are operational e.g. fridges, ovens, dishwashers, plates, platters, benches, etc
• Order and maintain inventory to ensure efficient operations.
• Meet with suppliers and clients where necessary
• Ensure relationship between kitchen and front of house staff is of a high standard
• Interaction with guests including introducing meals to guests at functions
• Any other duties the employer may reasonably require
• New Zealand Certificate (Level 4) in Cookery, or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years managing a kitchen
• Completed a food safety course within the past three years
• Staff management
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office
• Budgeting and menu costing skills
• Organisational and time management skills
• Wine and food matching skills
INTERPERSONAL & PERSONAL SKILLS
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Customer service skills
• Leadership skills
• Ability to delegate and give instructions
• Committed to team, establishment and excellence
• Positive attitude and highly motivated
• Ability to work competently under pressure
• Reliable & flexible to change
If interested please contact